In a week that’s been particularly stressful with school, the blogging community has really been there to cheer me up. Super recently, we surpassed 1,000 views and 100 followers!! What!? I started this blog to express myself creatively, hone my craft and find my voice but I honestly never expected that many views in such a short amount of time or that over 100 people would care enough about what I had to say to actually give me a follow and keep coming back. You guys are seriously amazing and your support means the world! Also, to all of you who also blog, I adore being apart of this community with you all and checking out your posts everyday – you inspire me so much!
Speaking of the blogging community, I’ve been tagged by some awesome bloggers to do some awards and tags which I’m definitely going to get to! They’re so much fun to do and I’m so excited that I was tagged and nominated for them! Today I wanted to do both the Travel Tag and the This Time Next Year Tag since I figured they kind of relate 🙂
Thanks to Small World, Smaller Girl, who has a stunning blog all about her epic adventures for the first tag (she gives me major wanderlust!) and to Simple Serenity for the tagging me in the latter one. She has an awesome beauty and lifestyle blog that always has entertaining posts and stylish advice!
So starting with The Travel Tag, let’s get into it!
1. WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE YOU HAVE VISITED?
I actually haven’t traveled too much though I definitely have plans to! But I really love Toronto. It’s totally my kind of city and I love the arts and culture side of it. I always visited Florida for my graduation trip and one day I’d love to go back and visit (without the tight schedule we were on!).
2. IF YOU COULD VISIT ANYWHERE TOMORROW, WHERE WOULD YOU PICK?
I love this question and I kind of have a few answers :p First, I very badly want to go to Seoul! I’ve been studying the language for over a year and fallen in love with the culture. It’d be really amazing to see all of the beauty that South Korea has to offer, experience their music at the heart of it all and dig into some actually authentic food! My other answer would have to be a trip around Europe. I read this novel called Finding It, by Cora Carmack, where the main character goes on a trip to find herself after college and visits major and minor cities all over Europe. Though I’m Italian and would love to visit where my grandfather grew up, I’m also very curious about Scotland since reading Outlander and Paris since falling in love with Les Revenants.
3. WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A CITY HOLIDAY OR A BEACH HOLIDAY?
I would actually prefer a city holiday! Though someday I really want to learn how to surf and I’ll never turn down a day at the beach, oceans give me goosebumps. I’m just gunna go ahead and blame it on my dad for showing me Jaws when I was young one afternoon because ever since I’ve been scarred!! Besides, I’m definitely more of a city girl and love the sights, sounds and culture that the city has to offer – especially in a new place!
4. WHAT ARE 3 OF YOUR HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS?
- My dslr & Polaroid camera
- My cell and wallet
- A good book – or two!
5. ARE YOU AN OVER-PACKER OR AN UNDER-PACKER?
Everyone wll tell you I’m an over-packer…and MAYBE that’s still true but I’m working on it! I don’t like to pack heavy so I always try to plan outfits ahead or mix and match pieces to make several so that I bring less. But I also hate to be bored on the way there so I tend to over pack my carry on with things to entertain myself. Any advice from the more seasoned travelers on that one? :p
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT GOING ON HOLIDAYS?
I’m sure that I’d be the type of person to be super touristy and go to all the cheesy places. Like when I do visit Seoul one day, you’d definitely find me at Han River or Namsan Tower living out my kdrama dreams. I also love to shop locally and explore places that I definitely would not find at home.
7. WHAT IS ONE PLACE YOU WOULD NEVER WANT TO VISIT?
I don’t want to say anywhere specific but I think I’d be very intimidated of visiting a foreign place where I didn’t know the culture or language well. I think, as a visitor, it’s only respectful to know the place you’re going to. Plus, your trip would be that much more difficult if you had no idea how to speak to people or ask questions!
8. WHO WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A HOLIDAY WITH, FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
That’s really hard!! I grew up going camping with my parents every summer and once I got a bit older, we’d invite my best friend, her little sister and her parents to join us. It made for some pretty great memories that I want to continue with my own kids one day! I think it depends! I like going on small trips with my parents that aren’t too far away but if I were to visit somewhere outside of Canada, I think I’d want to experience it with my friends or boyfriend!
9. WHAT IS THE MOST ADVENTUROUS DISH YOU HAVE TRIED FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Nothing crazy yeet since I haven’t really been anywhere super different from my own cuisine. But the key word is yet 😉
This Time Next Year Tag
1. Thank the person who tagged you
2. Set yourself goals for the next year
3. Write how you’re going to achieve these goals
4. Tag at least 5 of your blogger friends to do this tag
5. Then, in 365 days write a post reflecting on your goals and what you have achieved
Goals for next year
- Drink More Water: I definitely notice a difference in myself when I drink more water during the day and while sometimes I can keep it up no problem, other times I find myself super dehydrated. I hope to keep this habit going by making better use of my Blogilates timer bottle. I really love putting lemon and lime in the filter because the taste reminds me of 7Up!
- Get An Internship Or Job In Game Industry: Now that I’m about to graduate college, the inevitable choice had to be made. Do I apply straight into university or begin looking for work? I’ve heard that it’s more about your talent and your personality when it comes to working in the gaming industry (at least for the game writers) so I decided to take the leap and put off applying to university. I’m really nervous but I’m also excited!
- Work On My Social Anxiety: I feel like I was always a very painfully shy person but working as a journalist/interviewer at my first magazine definitely helped me interact with people more smoothly. Because the gaming industry is so tight and often relies on your reputation/connections, I want to really put myself out there this year and meet people that I could either learn from or work with!
- Go Running More Often: I did start running more last Summer but it was definitely hard to get back into such intense cardio after a 4 year hiatus from it. I actually started to become comfortable with it and then I had a bike accident one morning on my way to work. I got scraped and banged up pretty bad and my leg was sore for a while so running for the end of the summer was out of the question. This year though, I plan on running a lot more! Last summer I used this app called Zombie, Run! and it was actually so great!
WHO DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS TRAVEL TAG & THIS TIME NEXT YEAR TAG?
And of course, anyone else who would like to do these tags or have done them, send me a link because I’d love to read them! 🙂
Thanks so much again to the awesome bloggers who tagged me to do these and for the people who read The Bookish Wanderer. You inspire me so much ❤ Wishing you all a fun weekend,