Helloo, how’s it going?
Just wanted to do a quick post today after getting nominated by Jaime (Check out her blog over at Don’t Give A Jam,) for the Blogger Recognition award! She’s an awesome girl with a beautiful blog about fashion, lifestyle, beauty and a bunch of other cool and entertaining stuff – thanks for the nom 🙂
Let’s get on to it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I’ve wanted to start a blog for a really long time.. when I was younger, I use to start one up or plan to and then give up before it actually got anywhere. But when I started working for other peoples blogs and websites, I started to feel more passionate and driven about the idea of starting my own one day. Don’t get me wrong, I love game blogging, but the idea of getting to come up with my own content, topics and brand was sounding better and better. A lot of bosses and friends suggested that I should just take the leap and commit- and now here I am today! Even though The Bookish Wanderer is only a few months old, I’ve had more fun writing on here than I’ve ever had anywhere else and feel like I can truly be myself! It’s a great creative outlet and the blogging community has been amazing to get to know ❤
Two pieces of advice:
- Write what you love. Don’t be afraid to write about topics your passionate about or find really interesting. Don’t worry that people won’t be interested because people can tell when you aren’t being sincere or just writing something for their sake. Yes, readers want to be entertained but they also come to your blog because they like youu as a person and a writer. It’s pretty hard to get to know a person if they don’t open up and show themselves 😀
- Spell-check/ proof-read!! Everyone has their own voice when they write and whether you write formally or informally is obviously totally up to you. But it’s a lot easier on the reader to get into your blog when your posts have no typos and look neat. A quick read-through or showing a friend/family member your post before you make it public will help. Sometimes I get my boyfriend to proofread my articles before I send them off just to be sure alls well and it helps a ton!
Sorry in advance if you’ve already been tagged! I love all of these blogs and I’m not sure how old this award is but these are my nominations:
- My Paper Infinity
- Glimmer of Happiness
- The Well-Thumbed Reader
- Sitting In The Clouds
- Kirsty and the Cat Reader
- Busy Bee
- Life And Other Disasters
- YA and Wine
- Bionic Book Worm
- Stephanie Cassidy’s Blog
- Cool Peppermint
- Betwined Reads
- Reading Every Night
Well, that’s all I’ve got for today! Hope you have a good day and see you Friday! Don’t forget to follow if you haven’t, I post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday :p Until then,